Cataract is a condition in which clouding of the lens occurs. Cataract is basically an age-related condition which is usually seen in older people. Clouding of the lens can occur in one eye or both eyes though it cannot spread from one eye to the other. Lens is an important part of the eye which is responsible for generating a clear image. Therefore, when the lens gets affected by Cataract, it hampers day-to-day activities of the individual and as a result, the person may experience blurred vision, faded colours, poor night vision, double vision, etc. Cataracts cannot be prevented but these can be easily treated with 100% blade-free Femto Cataract Surgery.
At Sharp Sight (Group of Eye Hospitals), the best hospital for Femto Laser Cataract Surgery in Delhi, we recommend people to get cataract removal through pain free and blade free procedures. To learn more about our Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery Cost, Contact Us.
How Is Cataract Formed?
Ageing is one of the crucial factors responsible for causing cataract. The other factors include eye injury, kidney disease, prolonged usage of steroids in the form of eye drops or oral medications, exposure to radiation, and other health problems such as Diabetes, etc.
Common Types of Cataracts
There are different types of cataracts based on the part of the lens affected and also based on the reasons which cause cataract. These include:
- Nuclear Cataract: In this type of cataract, the nucleus or the center of the lens gets affected.
- Cortical Cataract: In this type, clouding occurs in around the edges of the nucleus of the eye lens.
- Posterior Capsular Cataract: This type of cataract affects the back of the lens and it usually affects vision faster as compared to the nuclear or cortical cataracts.
- Congenital Cataract: Though rare, this cataract is present from the childbirth stage or is caused during the first year of baby’s development.
- Secondary Cataract: This type of cataract is induced due to some disease or medications such as steroids, etc.
- Traumatic Cataract: As the name suggests, this type of cataract is caused due to injury or trauma caused to the eye.
- Radiation Cataract: The occurs when the eyes get exposed to radiation for a longer period of time. For instance, it’s common in cancer patients who undergo radiation therapy.
At Sharp Sight (Group of Eye Hospitals), the best hospital for Femto Laser Cataract Surgery in Delhi NCR, we offer cataract removal with state-of-the-art equipments and world-class technology. So, if you or your loved one has Cataract, seek an appointment with our cataract specialist. Our femto laser cataract surgery cost is affordable and pocket-friendly.
Risk Factors and Diagnosis:
There are some health conditions and factors that increase the risk of having a cataract. Some of these risk factors include:
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Prolonged use of steroids
- Eye surgery or injury
- Prolonged exposure to radiation, etc.
The common tests performed to diagnose the presence of a cataract include:
- Visual Acuity Test
- Slit-Lamp Examination
- Retinal Examination
Cataracts are irreversible and inevitable part of ageing but these can easily be treated with the help of cataract surgery. During a cataract removal surgery, the doctor removes the affected lens and replaces it with an artificial lens called the Intra-Ocular Lens (IOL). With the advancement of science and technology, different surgical methods are available these days for the treatment of cataract removal.
- Microincision Cataract Surgery: The surgeon makes a small incision on the cornea to remove the affected lens. The size of the incision in this method is 2.2 mm, thus the name, micro-incision. The process of emulsification helps in emulsifying the affected lens which is then removed. The doctor then inserts a foldable IOL which replaces the original lens. This is a quick procedure which is painless and stitch-less. It also leads to quick healing and recovery. The smaller size of the incision leads to markedly reduced astigmatism after surgery.
- Zepto Technology: During Zepto-assissted cataract surgery, one of the most challenging steps is to produce a round capsular tear/hole. Zepto technology aids in making the perfect capsulorrhexis. It offers Robotic precision, predictable results and reduces surgical time. The procedure is suitable to cure even complicated cases, such as paediatric cataract, or cases with a small pupil, etc.
- Robotic Femtosecond Cataract Surgery: This new technology enables incredibly precise laser entry into the ocular lens capsule. Ultra-fast energy pulses from the laser break the lens apart into tiny bits, followed by which a replacement lens is inserted into the capsule. As a result, decreased amount of energy, light and fluid goes through the eye, which furthermore decreases post-surgery swelling in the cornea and retina. Since this surgery is computer-controlled, the accuracy in achieving the desired result is higher. Surgery takes less than 5 minutes.
- Phacoemulsification: The technique uses phacoemulsification process for emulsifying the cataract. It needs an incision of 2.8 mm. An ultrasonic phacoemulsification probe helps to emulsify and remove the cataract. This process is also stitch-less. On removal of the cataract, a foldable IOL is implanted.
- Small Incision Suture-less Cataract Surgery: In this type of surgery, the incision is not made on the cornea.This procedure is useful when phacoemulsification is not possible as in very advanced cataract which poses a risk and is not suitable for phacoemulsification procedure. This does not cause damage to the cornea. The removal of cataract is done manually followed by the implantation of IOL.
Types of Intra-Ocular Lenses (IOLs)
There are different IOLs based on the power and function like Monofocal IOLs, Toric IOLs, and Multifocal IOLs.
Monofocal IOLs: As the name suggests, these correct only distance vision. Near vision, glasses are still required after surgery.
Multifocal IOLs: These IOLs reduce the dependence on glasses to a very large extent and patient can enjoy clear vision for both distance and near without spectacles after surgery.
Toric IOLs: For patients whose astigmatism is significantly high, a Toric IOL is usually recommended.
To know more about our cataract treatments, range of IOLs or to learn more about our femtosecond laser cataract surgery cost in Delhi, speak to our representative.
Do Cataracts Get Complicated?
Femto Cataract Surgery is the safest of all ophthalmological procedures performed world-wide. Cataract operations are typically a day procedure and these generally don’t get complicated unless you have any general health problem such as Diabetes. At Sharp Sight, the best hospital for Femto Laser Cataract Surgery in Delhi NCR, we have a team of world-renowned cataract specialists and we offer cost-effective Femto Cataract Surgery Cost in India.
Now, Sharp Sight offers an easy EMI option for Cataract removal procedures. This makes Femto Cataract Surgery cost more affordable. So, do not delay and get a Femto Cataract Surgery for enhanced vision.
For appointments or queries on our Femto Laser Cataract Surgery Cost in India or expected recovery time, speak to our representative. Call : 01130051818 or Whats App 7290039295