Cataracts are a normal part of ageing. The blurriness caused due to the cloudy lens may not be that evident at the initial stage as cataracts usually take time to develop. And, they don’t even cause any pain or discomfort except that your vision starts getting affected, to an extent that it gradually starts affecting your quality of life. Even though cataracts cannot be avoided, they can certainly be treated through a painless Bladefree Laser Cataract Surgery.
The most obvious effect of cataract surgery is a better vision. But did you know it also has several other advantages other than sharper eyesight?
Cataracts usually take away little joys from our life – be it reading, driving, stitching, golfing or pursuing our day-to-day hobbies. Due to the compromised vision, we end up giving up on these activities which as a result impacts our overall quality of life.
Infact, vision loss at old age has been directly linked to depression and anxiety. Even if you are physically fit, with cataracts you may no longer be able to do your favorite things.
So to ensure that our patients lead a quality of life, Sharp Sight (Group of Eye Hospitals), the best hospital for Bladefree Cataract Operation in Delhi, recommends going ahead with the cataract removal surgery at the earliest.
Here we list a few extra benefits of the cataract surgery that goes beyond improvement in your vision:
- Lead a Quality of Life: Cataracts can prevent you from being able to do everyday tasks such as reading, driving, knitting, as well as the things you do for fun. As a result, it may leave you frustrated, lonely and more socially withdrawn.
- Reduce your Risk of Falls and Fractures: Blurred or cloudy vision at old age can lead to falls and fractures which can even make you bed-ridden for the rest of your life. Improved vision, is therefore important to lead a healthy and happy life.
- Live Longer: If you get your cataract removal surgery on time, it will not just give you the liberty to live life your way but it will also add years to your happy life.
What Causes Cataracts in the First Place?
We know that cataracts are a sign of ageing, but what we still do not know is how are they formed. Basically, when there is a change in the nature of the proteins in the lens of the eye they tend to make the lens cloudy which prevents light from passing through, thereby causing loss of vision.
Some of the common symptoms of cataract include:
• Blurry vision
• Sensitivity to light
• Double vision
• Decreased night vision
• Halos around lights
How to Protect your Vision?
You can’t avoid cataracts, but there are steps you can take to protect your eyes:
• Get regular eye exams. Cataracts are common and these develop slowly with only a few symptoms. However, with a regular comprehensive eye exam, your ophthalmologist can detect cataracts earlier and check how much vision you’ve lost.
• Stop smoking. If you smoke, it increases your risk of developing cataracts and puts you at a risk for many other health ailments too.
• Do not delay cataract removal surgery: Cataracts can affect our vision but did you know delay in seeking cataract treatment can also cause permanent blindness. Therefore, if you are 55 years or above and experience blurriness or frosty vision, its time you seek an appointment with your ophthalmologist.
Read Also :
Choosing 100% Bladefree Cataract Surgery
Cataract surgery is one of the most frequently performed surgeries in ophthalmology and it’s one of the safest too. Bladeless Cataract Surgery is only done on one eye at a time.
During the procedure, the eye surgeon removes the cloudy lens and replaces it with an artificial one, called Intraocular Lens (You may log on to our YouTube channel and watch Bladeless Cataract Surgery video and how it is performed with accuracy and precision.) Typically, this lens lasts for a lifetime.
So, if you or your loved one has a cataract, seek an appointment with our cataract specialist who can help you decide if Bladeless Cataract Surgery is right for you. Don’t go by any random Bladeless Cataract Surgery review or procedure, choose only the best! The Bladeless Cataract Surgery cost could be slightly more than the traditional procedure, but it offers the potential for better results and improved vision.
For queries or appointments, speak to our representative. Call 01130051818